Your Corporate Wellness Program is Serious Business at the
The Sports Barn takes pride being recognized as Chattanooga 's premier corporate wellness provider. Getting and keeping your valued employees active is our main priority. Our programs provide training designed to meet the need of the most hesitant exerciser or the avid enthusiast.
HEALTH CARE PREVENTION
The Sports Barn will meet your company's wellness need from simple availability to serious outcome data for bottom line effectiveness. The Five Phases of Change model illustrated below identifies the well-known stages that every person will go through when changing their behavior patterns. To benefit from a wellness program, a company should communicate a constant emphasis of wellness. Selecting the Sports Barn as your corporate wellness provider will supply your company with a wellness coordinator, at no cost, who will gently guide your employees toward their next level of change. With three convenient facilities, your employees will feel welcome and encouraged to make use of our vast exercise activities, fitness staff, and dietary and lifestyle lectures to make fitness informatively fun. Call Sue Moore, Sports Barn Corporate Account Manager, at 266-1125 or [email protected] for more information.
Impact of Exercise at the Sports Barn on Weight and Blood Pressure
Obesity is associated with an increased risk in hypertension, lipid disorders, type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease, stroke, gallbladder disease, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea and respiratory problems, and certain cancers.
• An individual who loses 5-10% of their body weight can make a significant impact on many of these factors.
• *On average members lost between 1-13% of their bodyweight during the program.
• Excess abdominal fat is an independent predictor of disease risk.
• *Of individuals who had a waist circumference of over 40 inches, on average lost 2 inches from their abdomen.
High blood pressure-
• It is estimated that an individual can reduce their risk of coronary heart disease by 14% and their chance of stroke by 42% by decreasing their average diastolic blood pressure by 5-6 mm/Hg.
• One of the main benefits of joining an exercise program is the impact it can have on blood pressure.
• *The average hypertensive individual reduced their systolic blood pressure to 130 mm/Hg and their diastolic blood pressure dropped to 86mm/Hg, a drop of 13 and 9 points, respectively.
*Data collected from Sports Barn Wellness Programs